August 22, 2007

OK, OK, I've been emailed a few times in the last few days by people making sure that I am still alive and kicking, seems there has been a lull in the blogging. Thanks for checking up on me. August has been uneventful in terms of weddings, but it has been fast paced trying to catch up on albums, returning to my home state of Utah for my 20 year high school reunion, ( yes, I said 20!). I'll tell you, that was a TRIP. I had somehow managed to ignore the fact that the number of candles on my birthday cake were increasing every year, but it hit me full force while hanging around my old childhood friends after 20 years and seeing all the kids! I mean, there were teenagers coming up to my friends and they were calling them MOM and DAD! it freaked me out! ( I did get nominated for "least changed" in the appearance category so that was nice.

But really, it was fun catching up with people after so many years. I moved away right after graduation and had lost touch with everyone. Somewhere along the way, we have grown up. This is my best friend from Elementary School on up, Liz. She was like my sister and it was like we had never been apart. I didn't know I missed her until I saw her. Funny how that is.

I took Zoe with me, we were able to spend time with my family and that's always good. My mom has a patio behind her house with about 100+ chimes hanging from the beams. It's like a non stop orchestra. Zoe had a little texture experiment with flour, clover and impatiens. She is such a happy-all-the-time baby. I just can't help but feel happy when I am around her.





That is such freedom to sit with no clothes on in a pile of flour, rolling and sliding around while slobbering on anything that gets in the way.





The left leg stayed up almost the enitre time. It could have been because the grass was wet. She was jabbering non stop so I know she had something to say about it all.



I love this shot.


These flowers are edible so don't anyone panic.
All this before 9 am.










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's back!! :) Cute pics of Zoe!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how BIG Zoe is getting! She is PRECIOUS!!!
Glad to know you are still alive and kicking. I have to say I was a bit concerned and thought of e-mailing, but I didn't.
Jonathan and I are getting ready to move to England in a few weeks! ;)
Keep in touch!

Sissy

The City Girl said...

these are great! sounds like you had the perfect get-away this summer:)

Anonymous said...

Love your writing. Love you. ; )

Holritz Photography said...

Glad to know you're doing ok! Hopefully we'll see you soon!

- N

Anonymous said...

Hi Shawna,
I have thought about you often and wondered what was going on with you. So glad you had a good trip back to Utah, and I would have never guessed that you have been out of Highschool for 20 years! Zoe is adorable. Ryan and I are good, and we would love to see you sometime soon.

Oh, the music selections you choose for the slideshows are always awesome...how do you find these songs/musicians?

~Lane Hammack

Shawna Herring Photography said...

Hey Lane! So good to hear from you, I'm glad all is well with you and Ryan. I have a pretty extensive music collection and I try to use really random stuff.
It would be great to see you!