October 31, 2007

Mr. & Mrs. John Clark

I love fall weddings. The air is crisp, the colors are vivid and the location for this wedding added the perfect backdrop. Wil-Mil Farms is located in Leesburg, GA. ( See previous post for details ) Fiona was a totally relaxed bride with a very cool NZ accent ( I love to listen to accents!) I could have followed her around all day. Oh wait. I did.

Here are a few shots to give you a feel of their day.

Yes, that sign says "airport". It tells a little about how far out we were. I don't think any jetliners go to Leesburg.


The location was found through a friend of a friend or something like that. Whoever it was, they matched it perfectly with the bride and groom's taste. And who doesn't like hookups?


A few details.

I decided not to use a lens hood and experiment with sun glare. It's funny to think that a few years ago, I would have threw this image out because of those spots but I really like it now. It makes me feel like squinting.
Fiona and John opted for meeting each other before the ceremony. I love it when couples agree to do that. There are so many advantages! It is so much more intimate when it is just the two of them and there is freedom to actually express what they think and feel, instead of being silent because the officiant is talking. All the stress is eliminated before the ceremony and now they can enjoy their family and friends more. Be more present.
I really wanted to get out in the open fields to shoot but there was barbed wire and electric fences everywhere. Fiona said she would climb it and I believe she would have if her bridesmaids hadn't objected. She's an action chic. My kind of bride.



Ok, so I planned this one. I saw Cirque du Soleil this summer and really dug these kind of masks after that. So I brought them with me and asked if they would be my models. John dove right in. Thanks guys! I love it.

My second shooter Julie took this one. I love the tenderness of it.


Congratulations Fiona and John. Thank you for being such awesome people.

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR SLIDESHOW.

No comments: