February 01, 2008

Capital Cities Tour 2008

I have a confession. Before this year I have only been mildly interested in politics I believed, like many othersout there, that it wouldn't matter what I thought anyway, all politicians were crooked and they only said what you wanted to hear. It seemed a huge task to keep up with what the issues were and what the candidates REALLY stood for so I found a pile of ( lame ) excuses and chose to be only mildly interested.

(Translated to mean: I was too busy wrapped up in my own world that I didn't have time for things I couldn't control. )

For that, I'm sorry.

Something has changed in me. Thank God.

I feel really convicted about what is written above. You know why? Because Freedom isn't free. It comes at a huge price. Saying I'm not interested is like turning my back on every soldier who gave his /her life for my right to say that.

Or worse. It's like saying their sacrifice didn't matter.

I'm really sorry. I don't want to be like that anymore.
God, help me to be grateful for this country that I live in. Despite all it's flaws and shortcomings. At least I am free. I can blog about things and not get arrested, I can meet with people and pray, I can go to church and not fear persecution. I can run a business and wear what I want in public. I can have as many children as I want, go to college, eat out, own a dog, turn the heater up and sleep in a warm bed.
Thank you.

The beginning of this year I really got serious about "Purpose" About resolving to be intentional in my daily life. Setting goals, if you will. I wrote down specifics about my personal life-spiritual and physical, my family, my marriage, how I want to impact the world, and what I was going to do about it all. I don't want this year to be like last year. Not that it wasn't good, but I really want this year to be different. No more excuses. No more goofin off. No more being lazy in what I think I can accomplish. I'm out to start a Revolution. For real. I can tell something is different in me.

Thank you Jesus, for my freedom. Everything that is good in me, comes from you. I can't thank you enough. I once was lost but now I'm found.

Thank you America for the opportunity to be something great. I resolve to care about you a lot more than I have in the past. I resolve to have a ( loud ) voice when it comes to my government.

Today I went to the Capital building to be a part of the Capital Cities Tour. The mission is to bring Transformation to our Nation. Not an easy task for sure but when you have a big God who is behind it all, well lets just say "ALL things are possible through Christ."


The strategy is to hold 25 gatherings beginning in December of 2007 and ending in November of 2008. There were 32 people who met inside the Capital Building. One of our Representatives in the House of Congress came and joined us for prayer and I have to say, it was really dang cool and I'm really glad I went. You can learn more about the cause by clicking the link above.

I believe that things can change.

I believe that I can make a difference.

I believe you can too.

Here's a few shots from today.






People came from as far as Ohio, Oklahoma and Texas to join together and pray.
On left is Randy Nix. He is the State's Representative of District 69. A very humble man. That's Hope Taylor on the right. He is the Director of the Tour and he's out to change his world.
The lady on the right is Jacquie Tyre. She leads the Georgia Apostolic Prayer Network. Didn't know there was such a thing, did you. Me neither. This woman prays. A LOT.
Nathan Issacs led worship. In the C A P I T O L! We didn't try to keep it quite, either.
I know that we changed the atmostphere in Georgia today. This is a Nehemiah Victory Shout!

2 comments:

Scarletpilgrimage said...

Hey, our internet service has been shaky. I meant to ask you if you went up there with them. I couldn't...kids...no sitter...V worked...etc. :) I'm glad you got to go and make a difference! And thanks for sharing the moment! :D

Ashley Thalman said...

glad to see you coming around to politics! so interesting eh?