November 16, 2007



THE SHACK

This book is so good I have to recommend it to everyone. It took me a while to read it because I just don't get a lot of "reading time" but I can tell you that I will make the time to read it again. My friend Monique recommended it to me and to be honest I was mad at her a few chapters in. The subject matter is really tough at times but if you push through it, it will all come together and be more than worth it.

William P. Young has tremendous insight into questions that everyone has asked at least once, if not time and time again. His book has potential to change lives.

If you read it, make sure you come back and tell me what you thought.

Lots of love, Shawna

5 comments:

Scarletpilgrimage said...

Well now, can I borrow your copy? Or are you one of those that doesn't like to loan out their personal copy? Otherwise, I will try to look for a copy when we get out to Oklahoma City. I'm going to miss you all during Christmas something fierce! Pray that God will give us more clarity and that we will grow further in intimacy with him. If you don't mind anyway. It's just when I think of you, I think of prayer. :D

Love you!

Shawna Herring Photography said...

Of course you can, Lori. I know you are a fast reader so I won't miss it for long.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear that you liked the book. I was a little worried there, since you did seem quite upset at me in the beginning.

Monique

Shawna Herring Photography said...

Thanks, Monique! I was going to call you and tell you that I'm so glad you recommended it to me. It was fantastic.

Scarletpilgrimage said...

Well Shawna, I did it. Finished reading The Shack at 1:29 am, Friday evening.

It was so desperately needed at a time when I felt most discouraged, overwhelmed, and estranged.

Thank you! I'll give it back as soon as I see you! I'll keep it in the car. And, if I can work the finances out, I plan on giving a couple copies to family this Christmas. If it will allow.

I do admit that not every view the author had I fully agreed with, but for the most part...it was so on it! And his insight really helped clarify some things that I needed freedom from...a lot of religious bondage can become chained to us once we make the decision to follow Christ. It's like the chains come off from old addictions and new ones try to take their place. God help! I think this really helped me understand some things about this.

Anyway, thanks for letting me borrow it. So good!

Bless you! And goodnight!