September 24, 2006

Last weekend I traveled to Algona, Iowa for the wedding of fellow photographer Bradley Jensen and his beautiful bride Erika. It was my first time in Iowa and it really does have a lot of corn! Algona is about 145 miles outside of Des Moines so the drive from the airport really felt like country with miles and miles of corn fields and farms. It was beautiful in an American type of way. I stopped to take a few photos of this storm that was coming in over the fields and it took less than 2 minutes for a police officer to pull off the road to see if I was ok. I thought that was pretty nice. Maybe it was the 8 month belly that had him concerned.

Congratulations Bradley and Erika!



Click here to see their slideshow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Shawna! You met and exceeded every expectation of ours! It was so wonderful to meet you! What I always wanted was a photographer to help us relive our day again for years to come...that's why we picked you!

Anonymous said...

I think you did such a wonderful job! The photos are gorgeous and on top of that, they looked so happy and in love.

Anonymous said...

I just checked out your website and I have to say your work is now one of my favorites. I am very much into photojournalism and your style has that feel. You also had so many artistic shots that were just stunning. Your exposures and details were perfect to me. You could be charging so much more for your weddings. I am comparing you with one of my all time favorites, Yervant.

Holritz Photography said...

I love the idea of photographing in the corn field!!! Wow!

- Nathan