June 21, 2006

Steve and Linze were married at the Hanalei Colony Resort on Kauai on June 16th, 2006.Click here to see their slideshow.

I just returned from 13 fabulous days in Hawaii. What a trip. I had a wedding to shoot in Kauai so we turned it into a family vacation and had a blast. There is something about the islands that remind me that there are so many things that I fill my life with that are just not that important. In Hawaii, the scenery is so beautiful and there is so much to do outside. My husband had never been before, so we spent 4 days on Oahu, staying with friends on the North Shore. Then we went to Kauai and spent a lot of time snorkeling, jumping off cliffs and rope swings into crystal clear swimming pools. It is such a beautiful place. The wedding was in Hanalei on the beach and I was also able to shoot an engagement session for Kelly and Anny who are getting married next month in Maui. I can't wait to go back for that one. It won't be nearly as long of a trip but even little doses of the islands make a big difference.

This is the view that my friends have every morning when they wake up. Ah. life is hard.

3 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

i like the one with the boat!

Anonymous said...

great photos Shawna! Looking forward to meetin' ya in a couple of months...how's the baby coming along? Take care! -Bradley

Shawna Herring Photography said...

Everything is going great! Still moving at the same speed, so far. I'm really looking forward to coming out and meeting you both as well.
God Bless!